Compass Land Surveyors is looking for qualified new team members to joining our growing company. These positions work on projects for public agencies, private clients, and engineering companies. Work may be performed under all weather conditions and may involve working on busy streets, construction sites, difficult terrain and difficult slopes. Work may require lifting, climbing, bending, stooping, standing for extended durations and walking long distances.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package offered. Compass is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Applicants must pass pre-employment drug screening before starting work.
No phone calls please. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a resume with cover letter to compass @ compass-landsurveyors.com
We are hiring for the following positions (updated January, 2018):
SURVEYING PARTY CHIEF
We are looking for a person to lead field crews and be responsible for equipment care and daily electronic file transfers. LSIT preferred but not required. This position works on projects for public agencies, private clients, and engineering companies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- A high school education or equivalent, including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry
- 5+ years’ experience with boundary, topographic/ALTA surveys, and construction staking
- Experience with Leica robotic survey instruments and data collectors preferred
- Possession of valid driver’s license or acceptable alternate method of transportation
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Principles, methods and instruments used in land surveying, staking, and site grading/layout; construction observation experience a plus
- Identifying sources of measurement errors
- Federal and State laws
- Data processing and computer skills using Microsoft Office applications; AutoCAD proficiency a plus
- Effective communication
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability
- Performs field labor related to performing all types of surveys, including land boundary, topographic mapping, pipeline surveys, hydrographic surveys, and control surveys
- Accurately operate and adjust survey measuring instruments including level, transit, theodolite, electronic measuring devices and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities
- Performs mathematical calculations. Reads and understands survey map data
- Takes accurate and clear survey field notes and performs simple note reduction and checking
- Performs other duties as assigned
We measure our success by our client's success.
View our company profile on LinkedIn
Like us on Facebook
We use Angie's List to assess whether we're doing a good job keeping valued customers like you happy. Please visit our company review page in order to grade our quality of work and customer service.